Joel Du Toit
Head of Laboratory
About Joel Du Toit:
The difference -I am an energetic, diverse and driven person who thrives working under pressure but I'm also cheerful, positive and quite a fun person to have as a colleague.
Constantly delivering my best- The best way to exceed brilliant execution is to set yourself goals, be it personal or career wise. I am goal driven, self-motivated, focused, and meticulous. This is demonstrated in my ability to do analytic tests and using this information to adjust parameters to achieve the necessary specification of objective.
My immediate goal -To grow myself in any organisation I join, regardless of the field. Moving from Textile Industry to working in the medical research and development field at UCT has made me realize exactly how capable I am adapting to different career fields/environments.
When I’m not on the job, you will find me gardening, hiking with friends or indulging my love for seeing new place.
Head of Laboratory, 2 years 4 months in current position.
· Ensure quality of the final product, agile troubleshooting
· Manage the Laboratory Department with subordinates
· Manage Quality Tools
· Investigate customer complaints
· Ensure all Quality Systems in the plant are implemented, maintained andimproved for the entire plant
· Process and evaluate quality complaints,
· Manage 6S Audits and ensure process effectiveness
· Confirms the calibration of the laboratory equipment based on defined regular intervals
· Propose equipment for the introduction of new testing methods.
· Order spare parts, equipment and additional tools needed for the laboratory as required
· Carrying out internal audits for the entire plant
· Execute improvement plans of action resulting from internal and external audits
· Train and manage all laboratory staff
· Administration of all SOP’s and associated documentation
· Manage Time Sheets and leave
Bachelor of Science in Polymer and Textile Sciences (4 year degree) - University of Stellenbosch
Programme in Total Quality Mangement (certificate) - University of South Africa
Quality System Design Training - YourEncore
Advance Project Management - GetSmater
Professionals in the same Manufacturing / Mechanical sector as Joel Du Toit
Professionals from different sectors near Cape Town, City of Cape Town
Other users who are called Joel
Jobs near Cape Town, City of Cape Town
takealot Western Cape, Cape Town, South Africa Full time
's job vacancy, Career and Recruitment · Job title : Logistics Account Manager jobs in Western Cape · Job Location : Western Cape, Cape Town · Deadline : December 07, 2023 · Quick Recommended Links · ...
Clickatell Cape Town, South Africa
We Are Setting The Pace · Clickatell is a world-class Chat Commerce company, ambitious to stay ahead of its competitors. We build our own culture in which we dream big and stay busy doing the right th ...
Persona Staff Cape Town, South Africa
Responsibilities will include:Global marketing of fresh fruit · Global market development, including market research, liaison with potential new customers and make recommendations to the board. · Main ...