Senior Economist and Economic Forecaster
About Frederick Mitchell:
Experienced senior economist with a demonstrated history of working in both the private and government sector. My skillset includes but is not limited to: Forecasting and Economic Modelling, Market and Economic Analysis, Macroeconomics, Econometrics, Market Research, Report Writing, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Eviews and Stata.
I am a dedicated and strong-willed professional with a master’s degree in economics from University of Pretoria with a keen eye for detail in buried in data. By having me and my analytical mind on your team will only benefit the organization or company moving forward in their pursuit of reaching business and organizational goals.
Senior Economist and Modelling Specialist (SARS)
- Forecast of economic performance of South Africa as well as performance sectors and sub-sectors of the economy.
- Development and maintenance of the economic-tax barometer to understand and link tax revenue collection efforts to prevailing market conditions and sentiment.
- Development of the econometric Now Casting algorithm and Now Casting model for forecasting purposes for both economic performance and Tax Revenue collection efforts.
- Development and maintenance of the Now Casting Economic Heat map to analyze economic performance holistically over time.
- Member of the SARS Macro-economic Modelling team tasked with the development of the SARS Macro Econometric Model.
- Track current economic performance of the domestic- and international economies and determine how they will influence revenue collection efforts by SARS.
- Advise Gauteng Revenue Steering Committee as the senior economist on the performance of the regional economy and how it will affect SARS revenue collection mandate for the region.
- Forecast and modelling of changes in the economic environment that potentially could influence international trade between South African and its major trading partners and its bearing on Tax Revenue for South Africa.
- General economic research, impact analysis and give advice on Fiscal Policy changes, economic performance and the possible subsequent effects it could have on Tax Revenue collection efforts by SARS.
- Coaching and mentoring of interns and graduates on economic research methods to enhance research capabilities of the Revenue Analysis and Macroeconomic units at SARS.
- Writing of reports and contributing insights and analyses to various reports produced by SARS and SARS’s macroeconomic unit for both internal and external use.
- Engagement with internal and external stakeholders on working committees to enhance Revenue Collection efforts and to further SARS’s understanding of the South African economy and its effects on the Revenue Target.
Market Analyst (Cochrane International)
- Analyse both domestic and international markets for new business opportunities.
- Ensure that formed business relationships are managed and that correct businesspersons are contacted and updated on a regular basis.
- Analysis of business structures of potential clients or customers.
- Analyse new market developments with respects to security needs, political- and business changes on a holistic level.
- Maintenance of the business database to ensure integrity and validity.
Economist (Efficient Group)
- Monitor economic trends and macroeconomic variables.
- Forecasting of macroeconomic and microeconomic variables.
- Monitoring and writing reports on most important SA and international economic variables.
- Development of various econometric models and building an asset allocation model to forecast JSE (Johannesburg Securities Exchange) sector performance and to ensure optimal growth for assets under management in various funds.
- Regular interaction with in-house asset managers on economic and sectoral trends and performance for investment purposes.
- Media interaction (printed, radio and television) on a regular basis. See publications for information and related links.
- Building and presenting economic presentations for various meetings
- Economic analysis and writing of economic reports for the South African High Court relating to various cases.
- Business- and economic analysis of various sectors and industries both domestically and internationally.
- Analyzing how tax changes will likely influence the South African economy holistically.
- Monitor economic trends and macroeconomic variables,
- Industry specific forecasting and opinion survey analysis for the construction- and civil engineering industries
- Writing reports on key findings and state of the civil Engineering industry,
- Building and presenting economic presentations for various meetings,
- Regular liaison with construction industry leaders and stakeholders,
- Economic forecasts with emphasis on wage negotiations with major labour unions within the construction industry.
|EDUCATION: SECONDARY & TERTIARY|
|Qualification / Course||Institution||Year|
|Grade 12||Hoërskool Frikkie Meyer||1999|
|B Com Economics (With distinction)||University of Pretoria||2002|
|Hons Economics||University of Pretoria||2003|
|Masters Economics||University of Pretoria||2007|
Professionals who compete with Frederick
Professionals in the same Banking / Loans sector as Frederick Mitchell
Professionals from different sectors near Pretoria, City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality
Other users who are called Frederick
Jobs near Pretoria, City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality
StaffCentral Consulting Woodmead, South Africa
You will be part of a dynamic and fast-paced environment, so make sure you're good at dealing with time pressure · Job Duties/Responsibilities will include: · Troubleshoot and resolve desktop hardware ...
Customer Loyalty Consultants Centurion, South Africa R150,000 - R200,000 per year
Minimum Requirements:Grade 12 Certificate · Proficiency in computer literacy · EE candidates · Ability to study while working full-time · Good administrative skills · Passion for customer service · G ...
People Dimension Pretoria, South Africa Full time
Introduction · A leading Electronic Manufacturing company based in Waltloo, Pretoria is looking for an experienced Costing Clerk to join their company. · Duties & Responsibilities · Main purpose: · Re ...