This professional is in active search of jobsengineering Freelancer
- Over 15 years experience offering exceptional customer service in health and fitness with a positive and friendly attitude always willing to go above and beyond the call of duty.
- Always remaining honest and trustworthy with high ethical work standards and I foster positive lasting relationships as a leader and a great team player.
- As an intelligent fitness professional I enjoy challenges and am a fast learner with a confident, energetic and enthusiastic demeanor.
- Having an absolute passion for health and fitness I encourage sustainable healthier lifestyle choices and I have the caring nature and patients to motivate a wide variety of people including children, adolescents and the aging population.
- For the love of fitness I understand the benefits of various exercise formats to keep workouts fun and through research I remain informed on new regimes and techniques.
- It is important for me to be knowledgeable and proactive as well as observant in my facility and environment to ensure the safety of clients through being a competent licensed first aider including CPR and AED.
- Zumba instructor and licensed ZIN member - 2021#1900609
- Level 1 first aid including CPR and AED - CTN 40/2021 / 41193
- REPSSA : 10774
- Sports massage Level 6 & 7 : February 2016 - April 2016
- Aerobics, Step aerobics, Core stability, Reception training, Fitness instructor, Personal trainer, Aqua aerobics : October 1999 - August 2003
Personal trainer, Group class instructor, Zumba Instructor, Spinning instructor, Basic Mat Pilates, HIIT, Boot Camp, Mind-Body functional training, Sports masseuses
Self Employed - Franschhoek, Western Cape
September 2014 to Present
• Utilized business management skills, in depth market research and advertising to source safe reliable premises for indoor and outdoor fitness activities
• Using financial projections determined success of my freelance business
• Created a Waiver of Liability form for clients before commencing with training
• Conducted fitness assessments and health screenings for clients to be able to create safe effective personalized workout program
• Assisted clients with weight management management goals through choosing realistic sustainable nutritional plans
• Assisted clients with sports specific training
• Remained mobile for 1:1 personal training in the comfort of clients homes
• Instruct and lead safe, effective, challenging group classes using specialized formats to increase cardiorespiratory health, muscular strength and flexibility
• Encourage active elderly groups to remain fit through introducing functional exercise classes utilizing resistance bands, stability balls, chairs, steps and light weights
Assistant Manager, Group class instructor, Boot Camp instructor, Spinning instructor, Aqua-aerobics instructor, Personal trainer
Franschhoek Health Club - Franschhoek, Western Cape
January 2009 to August 2014
• Led with competence to assist club manager in daily running of the fitness facility through consistent maintenance of machines and pool • Assisted with regular staff motivational workshops and competency trainings
• Assisted with staff working schedules and group class scheduling
• Led various group classes utilizing different formats to increase sales and member retention
• Guided clients through 1:1 personal training after conducting fitness and health screenings
• Assisted clients with weight management, nutritional advice, goal setting, personalized exercise training programs
• Through market research established premises at a school for outdoor boot camp classes to increase revenue
• Contributed positively toward creating an annual fund raising event with my team to raise funds for Hospice
• Created monthly challenges for members to help with their fitness goals
Junior Manager, Receptionist, Fitness Instructor, Group Class Instructor
Health and Raquet Club - Worcester, Western Cape
January 2000 to April 2005
• Contributed positively toward opening and closing procedures and daily access control of members
• Competently and honestly managed receipts of monies
• Assisted new members on the gym floor to use equipment safely
• Assisted people with special needs to utilize the facility safely including audibly impaired, visually impaired and wheel chair bound
• Ensured members are well informed of any changes in group classes and instructors
• Enthusiastically contributed toward organizing special events and challenges for schools
• Led numerous group classes through using different formats including: step aerobics, high/low aerobics, body conditioning classes, spinning classes, aqua aerobics
• Gained respect from superiors through hard work and diligence to be appointed Manager on Duty
What kind of projects is Yolande Hill looking for?
I am exploring new opportunities for professional and personal growth to increase my knowledge of the health and fitness industry.