About Jamie Chetty:
I Magan Chetty am writing to express my interest for the above-mentioned candidacy. I am confident that I possess everything necessary to execute the role and associated tasks successfully.
To briefly introduce myself, I started at Bombardier S.A Warehouse now Alstom, back in 2015 at the very start of the Locomotive project which was contracted to Transnet Rail. What an eye opener it has been, I had the privilege to work and learn with our fellow German colleagues. Their high standards were instilled in me, gaining knowledge of more than 3000 parts and materials, SAP program and all aspects of warehouse activities from Receiving, QC to Dispatch, I learnt to adapt and overcome hurdles in this pressurizing fast-paced industry. Having worked in the Dispatch, my key responsibilities were but not limited to:
- Inspection and booking of material on SAP with relevant p/o.
- Executing various SAP transactions pertaining to Receiving, QC, Stock Management, Reversals, Obsolete Stock and Dispatch.
- Updating of clarification area and attending weekly meetings thereof.
- NCR Material return from production (Booking in and resupply)
- QC and qty check on parts being called-off for production.
- Logistics control, liaising with courier company to arrange for collections or deliveries.
- Delivery note creation and uploading on SharePoint.
My communication skills both verbal and written are excellent. I am computer literate with extensive knowledge and skills of SAP and Microsoft Office. I work well under pressure, having learnt how to deal with it as it arises. I am tertiary educated having completed Supply Chain and Logistics Management at Varsity College. Other certificates obtained were H.R Management and Microsoft Office 2000. My quick analytical thinking with a can-do attitude and versatility to learn and strive for perfection are some attributes which will prove beneficial to your organization.
Each day brings about new challenges and to overcome them, one must be of a positive mindset with a team player attitude. Working as a team to achieve one goal will see the organization running smooth and efficiently as a well-oiled machine. Attached is my cv which further details my skills and educational background. I look forward to the opportunity to speak with you further.
Thank you immensely for your time and consideration.
Yours in good faith
2015 – April 2023 Project Document Controller - Receiving/ Dispatch
- Booking material on SAP against p/o generated by procurement.
- Receiving queries noted in clarification area & attending weekly team meetings for thereof.
- QC Check and packing stock for Dispatch according to call-off documents via. SAP.
- Maintaining Quarantine area & updating on SharePoint accordingly.
- Arranging stock collections for distribution and return to vendor via. Logistics companies.
- Creating and uploading delivery notes on share point.
- Executing the NCR process from return to resupply.
- General admin duties & operation of High reach machine when necessary.
Tek-Mation Training College, 262 Chamberlain Street, Jacobs, Durban
2013-2014 Stock Controller
- Issue & record of consumables & equipment to students & facilitators
- Receive, arrange, and allocate stock upon arrival.
- Stocktaking & Data capturing thereof.
Zakspeed Electronics, 82 Intersite Ave, Umgeni Business Park, Durban
2007-2013 Assistant Manager
- Stocktaking & ordering of new stock.
- Packing of orders & invoicing statements.
- Cash up till points and daily company banking.
- Supervise staff, general housekeeping & cleaning.
Thistle Hotel, Heathrow, London, United Kingdom
2005-2007 Reservations Agent
- Conduct routine checks of guest arrival lists & relevant rates & tariffs applicable.
- Processing of other & miscellaneous charges & tariffs of non-arrival guests.
- Advertising, marketing & procuring of brands & standards applicable to the
Playtex, 101 Lawley Street, Jacobs, Durban
1998-2005 Stores Clerk
- Receive and pack raw materials according to batches.
- Delivery note check to material received.
- Inventory checking (cycle checking/perpetual stocktaking)
- Picking & issuing as per production requirements.
- Accurate bin card entry pertaining to stock being issued.
- Data capturing of all details regarding receiving and issuing of stock.
1995-1997, Meadowlands Secondary, Matriculation
- Subjects: English Afrikaans Mathematics
Physical Science Technical Drawing Electronics
2017- Varsity College, Certificate in Supply Chain & Logistics Management
2003- ICESA City Campus, Certificate in Human Resource Management
2001- Careers 2000, Diploma in Microsoft Office 2000
Professionals who compete with Jamie
Professionals in the same Transportation / Logistics sector as Jamie Chetty
Professionals from different sectors near Durban, eThekwini Metropolitan Municipality
Other users who are called Jamie
Jobs near Durban, eThekwini Metropolitan Municipality
Gap Consulting Durban, South Africa R300,000 - R500,000 per year
Minimum RequirementsMust have at least 3 to 5 years Dealership New Vehicle Sales Management experience within the Motor Industry · Grade 12 Qualification essential · Valid Drivers License Essential · ...
EMPIRE RECRUITMENT Durban, South Africa Full time
The purpose of the role is to grow revenue, manage debt portfolio and maintain quality of collateral in line with objectives over time. This includes to identify, source and secure loans (with associa ...
HR Genie Durban, South Africa R500,000 - R800,000 per year
The successful HR/IR Business Partner will report to the Chief Commercial Officer. The HR/IR Business Partner will be responsible for providing effective H.R./I.R. support nationally. Responsible for ...