About Daniel Coert:
Enthusiastic and dedicated intern with eight months of hands-on experience in the dynamic field of 3D scanning and modelling. Eager to contribute and learn within a team-driven environment. Possess a strong foundation in 3D scan preparation, scanning techniques, and modelling processes in automotive and manufacturing industries. Proven ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and workflows, demonstrating a commitment to staying at the forefront of industry advancements. Seeking to leverage my existing skills and passion for innovation to make meaningful contributions to a forward-thinking organization.
With a passion for technology, a proactive approach to learning, and a drive to excel, I am eager to join a dynamic team where I can leverage my existing skills and continue to develop my capabilities while contributing to the success of manufacturing plants.
The prospect of receiving training and the opportunity to further develop my expertise abroad greatly appeals to me.
5Deng – Feb 2023 – Sept 2023 (Internship) 3D Scanning & Modelling
● Experienced in operating handheld 3D laser scanners, specifically the IReal 2E and KSCAN Magic 2 models from Scantech. ● Developed the ability to scan industrial parts and machines efficiently and accurately. Transformed 3D scan data into STEP/f3d file models. ● Conducted thorough checks for dimensions and tolerances during the modelling process. Successfully identified instances of warping or bending in scanned parts. ● Accumulated approximately 960 hours of professional modelling work over the last eight months. ● Additionally, I have experience in generating engineering drawings for clients. Reverse Engineering ● Executed reverse engineering processes to deduce design intentions and dimensions from scans, thereby creating 3D models as the basis for new engineering drawings. ● Reproduced existing, lost, damaged designs and incorporated new product features.
Project Planning/Budgeting/Reporting and documentation
● My role was to quantify the work to be completed and break down jobs into stages. I would then estimate the time to completion and the resources required to do so and to find and purchase the parts, materials and tools needed for project building.
● I managed the budget for all projects by carefully considering the price of required tools and parts and weighing it against the necessity of that part/tool. In some instances, I reworked much of the parts list around a position which was too expensive for the function it provided in the project.
● Project Reporting - I documented and recorded all progress, setbacks, and solutions daily. Project Documentation - I prepared detailed project documentation which summarised the process followed, resources used, and lessons learned.
Projects Complete Included:
● (Digital/Code based) Investigation into Google Earth Data scraping and preliminary prototype development. Time to completion – 2 weeks.
● (Mechanical) Concept and prototype development of a Handheld Stakeout Platform with hole punch. Time to completion – 4 weeks.
● (Robotic/Mechanical/Code Based) Concept and product development of an Automatic Stakeout Point locating robot in the style of a 3D printer. Time to completion – 6 months.
Tutor, University of Cape Town
2021 – 2022
● Provided support to 2nd and 3rd-year Engineering students.
● Reviewed student work and marking of 40 scripts every two weeks.
Intern - Packing Line and Utilities Maintenance Division, DISTELL Group Ltd, Stellenbosch
Oct 2021 – Dec 2021
● Assisted with diagnosing faults and suggested repairs on the Packaging line using Siemens PLC.
● Assisted the Chief Engineer in managing the maintenance of equipment. e.g., The bottle washing machine feeder was faulty - we found a defective valve and resolved the issue.
● I was responsible for building a microcontroller to relay maintenance information from the plant to a central unit at the Distell offices. The device was used to save time and money.
BSc Eng. in Mechatronics, University of Cape Town - 2022
18 courses completed that included: Project Management; Mechanical and Electrical courses; Computer Science and Practical Courses in Welding, Pneumatics, and Metrology
Matric bachelor’s Pass, Pinelands High School (2015)
Professionals who compete with Daniel
Professionals in the same Engineering / Architecture sector as Daniel Coert
Professionals from different sectors near Cape Town, City of Cape Town
Other users who are called Daniel
Jobs near Cape Town, City of Cape Town
Isilumko Staffing (JHB) Cape Town, South Africa
The Dynamics CRM Consultant will be responsible for reviewing client business processes, re-engineering the client's processes to improve efficiency, and performing many of the functional tasks requir ...
Greys Personnel Cape Town, South Africa
Requirements: · National Diploma in Cost and Management Accounting or BCom Accounting. · 6-8 years' experience in a Manufacturing environment. · Good knowledge of full-functioning ERP systems includin ...
Fair Cape Dairy's CapeTown, South Africa R300,000 - R400,000 per year
Main purpose of the Job: · Ensure the companys vehicle fleet is well maintained and kept in a presentable manner at all times, ultimately aiming to extend the economic lifetime of the vehicle/equipme ...