About Andrew Price:
A multi-skilled and highly capable Privileged Access Management Specialist, Technical Analyst, Systems Administrator and Senior Support Engineer.
A highly skilled CyberArk Certified Deployment Engineer, the cable of installations and troubleshooting problems within all CyberArk PAM components. Monitoring the system effectively to reduce downtime.
Able to set up, run, maintain and monitor a range of IT environments, including Windows Server NT4 - 2019, Red Hat 5,6,7 and 8 and VMware, with expert knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems.
First and foremost a team player exhibits interpersonal and communication skills that develop and maintain productive working relationships with colleagues and superiors. Highly involved in sharing knowledge that is sort after.
Innovative, tenacious and in tune with the latest developments in the industry, delivers the best possible service to clients, aligning his energies and resources to the efficient and timeous delivery of projects and problem resolution.
Writing scripts where possible to make work quicker and simplify work to reduce human error. Making use of Python, bash and recently Power Shell. Fully vaccinated for Covid 19.
|10/2020 – Current
|Senior Security Engineer
|DRS, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Working predominantly with CyberArk projects for clients in the Banking Sector and others. The work revolves around ensuring CyberArk is used to its full extent and finding a way to make it more applicable to the client requirements and change that clients needs and upgrade and patch as per best practice CyberArk.Involved in Deployment of new CyberArk deployments from planning through to Installations. Increasing skills as well within the field of security by taking part in PEN test on Clients systems as per requirements. And knowledge gains through exams.
- Upgardes of CyberArk form 11.x to 12.x.
- Migrating CyberArk from Windows 2016 to Windows 2019 same version of CyberArk 12.0.
- Upgrade of PTA from 11.4 to 12.2.
- Replacement of Vault servers.
- Failing over from Prod to DR and failing back to Prod.
- Setting up load balancers and configuration to work with load balancers.
- Onboarding systems onto CyberArk.
- Resolving issues customers have and providing solutions.
- Career Summary – continued
|09/2020 – 10/2020
|Senior Security Engineer
|Contracted Work, Luanda, Angola
Working on Remote CyberArk project for a client outside of South Africa. The contract involves checking the environment, patching, making sure it is compliant with the vendor standards, information gathering and securing servers.
|08/2020 – 10/2020
|Afrihost, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Returning to fulfil the need of supporting the System Admin team. The role required supporting client hosting servers and hosting. Forming part of a team of a seventeen-man team supporting thousands of websites, email servers and databases.
- Installation, support and setup of cPanel.
- Restoring Databases MySQL, MSSQL and MariaDB.
- Restoring email accounts and email.
- Restoring website, fixing problems with WordPress.
- Setting permissions on databases.
- Making use of Hyper-V and VMware for hosting dedicated servers and shared hosting servers.
|12/2018 – 06/2020
|Ubusha, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Served as a member of a team performing support to clients on CyberArk 10.x platform with the problems and support request that the client and escalating call to CyberArk for resolution where applicable. Have completed the CyberArk Trustee, Defender, Sentry and CyberArk Certified Service Delivery Engineer. Deploying CyberArk in a lab for testing patching and changes to reduce the impact to the clients. Troubleshooting client problems and resolving any issues that are picked up.
- Part of a team that support clients doing deployments, upgrades and troubleshooting.
- Helping out with complex problems and helping with automation scripts.
- Installation of labs for simulation of upgrading to a current version for clients.
- Doing SailPoint client checks apart from checking on CyberArk to verify if the system is healthy and working as per client requirements.
- Daily checks on client CyberArk environment and pick-up of any problems that need correction.
- Make sure that Active Vault is the correct vault, replication is working and the backup functioning correctly.
- Writing scripts to check the status of the services and system performance to improve health checks.
- Modifying PowerShell script to run PARReplicat and send notification as to whether the backup failed or was completed successfully.
|05/2016 – 11/2018
|Technical Analyst, Global
|Dimension Data, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Served as a member of a three-man team global-based out of Johannesburg SA, London UK and Boston USA. Performing support to the regions with the GSOA platform with the problems and support requests that the regions are unable to solve.
- A key member of the Global Support team, responsible for MEA, AU, EU, AP and the US supporting GSOA platform built on Dell / EMC applications.
- Servicing and supporting the GSOA platform, a customised software encompassing Smarts IP Manager, Smarts NCM and Watch4Net.
- Resolving issues raised from P1 calls, applying emergency and ongoing support until regions are fully functional.
- Managing selected projects from planning to completion, producing clear documentation on design and operations.
- Undertaking upgrades and patches, ensuring integration with regional demands and protocols.
- Working with JBoss as part of the components that EMC make use of for the Smarts NCM.
|11/2012 – 05/2016
|Senior RIM Support Engineer, MEA
|Dimension Data, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Served as a primary member of a team performing maintenance of the GSOA platform which was developed on EMC software, highly customised to the requirements of Dimension Data from a global perspective. This GSOA platform is developed and improved on an ongoing basis and was in the process of being migrated to the IS’s VDC from the Dimension Data department’s hosted solution. Also, served as part of the larger team that moved the GSOA monitoring system from a locally-hosted environment on VMware into a Virtual Data Centre hosted within Internet Solutions. Duties and responsibilities included:
- Completed backups of the RIM Systems; ensuring successful completion of the cloning of MySQL databases; installation and maintenance of GSOA assets while guaranteeing stability and availability.
- Edited and maintained scripts to retain systems and checks.
- Complete assigned projects are ensure sure that the appropriate written documents were updated.
- Planned, documented and implemented projects and upgrades successfully while assisting with all DDSA RIM, GSOA patches and upgrades, as well as integration and development where necessary.
- Upgraded, patched and maintained the VMware vSphere environment; upgraded MSQL for VMware; provisioned EMC Datastores for VMware and dealt with device and application configuration and fault-finding.
- Created RAID groups and LUNS; maintained and updated HP blade firmware when necessary and interacted with the Support Manager regarding issues and resolution with GSOA
- Assisted in obtaining documentation regarding matters for resolution with GSOA.
- Safeguarded Back-end and Front-end stability and availability of RIM Systems while proactively monitoring as a preventative measure.
- Demonstrated a fundamental understanding of Service Level and Operational Level agreements in all lines of business, ensuring compliance.
|Newsclip Media Monitoring, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Served as a member of a 5-person hardware technical team that handled 400+ network devices with high data usage and consumption in four locations across South Africa. Required to run 24 hours per day, all year long, for the acquisition data from news media sources which resulted in the growth of 2 terabytes (TB) per week, comprising audio, video, tif, JPEG, and PDF’s with storage of over 250 TB of data on sight. The content was made available to clients with analysis. Accountable for design, security
and implementation of network changes, including implementation of DMZ, mail servers, web servers and proxy servers. Domain Name System (DNS) and Information System (IS) changes were required, as well as management of the IS VDSL broadband account, needed for inter-branch communications. Projects included migration to private cloud, taking the Domain from NT 4 through to Windows 2008 R2, initial creation and subsequent removal of a child domain and the introduction of Citrix. Duties and responsibilities included:
- Took the domain from Windows NT 4 up to Windows Server 2003 and from Windows Server 2003 through to Windows Server 2008 R2, while building up servers and desktops; licencing Microsoft systems and VMware; maintained servers Windows and Linux and installed and maintained VMware
- Installed and maintained switches and routers and Citrix XenApp 6 while continuously planning for future requirements, managing data lines and establishing network policies.
- Backed up and restored data; planned network growth and data retention policies; performed troubleshooting on connectivity problems and set up servers - Windows 2008 and R2, as well as a Linux firewall with the use of Shorewall.
- Configured routers and switches, backed up with Backup Exec and provided a backup copy of SQL data with rsync and Cobian backup and utilised MRTG to monitor network traffic.
- Set up and maintained NAS servers; managed data line failures and restored services. Installed and managed several servers, including; mail servers, a proxy server using squid, Gzip, SARG, and dansgradian and DNS servers (Microsoft and Bind), a Virtual Private Network (VPN) server and VPN to branches.
- Conducted installation and maintenance with File Transfer Protocol (FTP) while troubleshooting AD, mail, DNS, desktops, and servers; replicating between web servers; installing and maintaining virus protection; maintaining workstations and server computers with WSUS and kept the server up to date with patches and fixes.
- Configured and maintained Microsoft Active Directory; managed the print servers; provided Firmware updates to HP Datastores, HP Blades, and Blade Enclosures; supported and configured VMware environments servers; ensured continuous running of HP Blade servers and MSA storage and performed data recovery when necessary.
|05/2005 – 09/2006
|Senior Support Engineer
|Netsight, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Served as a member of a team that performed outsourced work for clients, primarily in the freight industry, with Netsight involved in Compu-Clearing. The company handled the installation and management of a Compu-Clearing Terminal Application using Power Term for the terminal and the printer and created VISP ASDL accounts with IS for internet access for clients. Netsight also managed the installation of the MWEB uncapped ADSL routers and Gateway/Mail servers, attending to an extensive, list of clients by providing everyday services for desktops to handling server problems with a focus on servicing SME clients with new hardware and support. Duties and responsibilities included:
- Installation of Servers - Windows 2003 SBS and PC; on-site configuration of client software for Compu-Clearing and the setup and maintenance of Astaro firewall for clients.
- Competently installed Linux server's proxy, firewall, and email for customers and served MWeb clients on-site with the installation of MWEB Cisco routers and MWEB Billion routers to create VPN's over ADSL lines.
- Installed uncapped ADSL for Netsight customers with Cisco routers; set up and maintained Wi-Fi network; provided on-site and remote support work and installed and configured a Symantec Anti Viruses Server and Backup Exec, as well as an Exchange Server and related maintenance.
- Accountable for the installation of ADSL routers with the use of DynDNS accounts; warranty replacement for FSC Laptops and PCs; server support and log watching for Namitec project; setting up profiles and policies; providing internal support and installed Pastel software and updates.
|07/2004 – 04/2005
|Support Technician, In the Net Technologies (ISP), Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
|04/2002 – 06/2004
|Junior Support Technician, Afrihost (ISP), Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Education and Qualifications
|Grade 12 (Matric / High School)
|Sacred Heart College, Gauteng, South Africa
|BSc Computer Science
|University of the People (2019)
Further Professional Certification and Exams
|MCITP Enterprise (2013)
CyberArk Certified Service Deliver Engineer (2019)
CompTIA PenTest+ (2020)
Microsoft 365 Certified Security Administrator Associate (2021)
CyberArk Trustee, Defender, Sentry and CDE (2019)
CompTIA CySA+ (2020)
CyberArk recertification for CDE (2021)
Azure AI Engineer Associate (2021)
Professionals from different sectors near Modderfontein, City of Johannesburg Metropolitan Municipality
Other users who are called Andrew
Jobs near Modderfontein, City of Johannesburg Metropolitan Municipality
Mednurse Pretoria, South Africa Full time
The Organ Procurement Coordinator will handle the entire organ transplant process. This includes communication and coordination between the donor/donor's family, recipient, and doctors regarding organ ...
Dante Personnel Johannesburg, South Africa R300,000 - R500,000 per year
Minimum requirements: · Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Metrology or related field · 5+ Years' proven experience as a Metrologist in a manufacturing environment with specific experience ...
Greys Personnel Johannesburg, South Africa R200,000 - R400,000 per year
RequirementsMatric · Pump sales experience (non-negotiable) · computer literate · English & afrikaans speaking (extra African language an advantage) · AboutAnswering telephone within a short time of ...